Descriptif du poste
Contract type: CDI
Start date: ASAP
Remote work policy: flexible - we are thinking up to 10 days/month. Open to fully remote.
Background: 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
€ Compensation € - Competitive (Cash + equity) TBD based on experience and cash/equity ratio
1/ Who we are
Beavr - https://www.beavr.tech/
Beavr is a young startup building a SaaS solution to help companies monitor and manage their non-financial performance, and accelerate their ESG transition.
Beavr long term product vision is to become a CSR hub, a one stop shop for companies CSR need including monitoring performance, managing projects, reporting, communication and audititng.
Global Fortune 500 companies only spend more than 20B$ on CSR and they still need to be equiped with the right CSR dedicated tools.
Mid size companies are now also increasing massively their spend in CSR.
Beavr first product is a solution to collect and dispatch CSR data. Extra financial data is in silos and spread geographically. Collecting this data often required several full time person using manual processes to produce a yearly report. With Beavr, data is collected more often and more accurately.
We are looking for our first employee, who will be working hand-in-hand with us, the founders, to kickstart the company's journey !
A bit more about us:
- Pierre, CEO, holds a business degree from HEC Paris and previously worked 5 years for the Boston Consulting group
- Etienne, CTO, graduated from Ecole Polytechnique (France) and NYU (USA). His expertise is Machine Learning and more specifically Computer Vision. He spent 4 years working in successful scale-ups in the Bay Area as a Machine Learning engineer
- Open-mindedness: We are non-opinionated, curious and always open to new ideas.
- Excellence: We set high standards for ourselves and expect the same from others.
- Bias for action: We believe that any idea should be tested, and that any strategy is worthless without the ability to execute.
- Exemplarity: We apply to ourselves what we want to see from others.
- Pragmatism: We work smarter, not harder.
- Diversity: We believe that success comes from the combination of diverse profiles, ideas.
- Care: We help, support and develop each other.
- Work life balance: We enjoy both life at work and outside work. We are building a welcoming and enjoyable workplace but also truly value our and your life outside work.
- We disagree and commit.
2/ What we are looking for
About the position
As Beavr's lead engineer and first employee, you will have a 360 role in the company and be instrumental in Beavr's success. More specifically, you will be working closely with Etienne, the CTO, to
- Shape Beavr's product strategy
- Evaluate and choose the right technologies for our stack
- Interact with customers to understand their needs and the right solution for them, and derive the adequate features to develop
- Develop Beavr software product (50% + of your time)
As a first employee, you'll be shaping Beavr future. We are looking for a committed individual bringing the right technical skills and culture to our founding team. We are looking for a versatile individual with robust technical foundations, but also willing to be confronted to and take ownership of many different topics. We are serious but not taking ourself seriously and would like you to be the same.
Key for success :
- Be technical. This is primarily a technical position.
- Be comfortable in an ambiguous and changing environment
- Be goal-driven. Delivering features reliably is key at this stage of the company.
- Be a domain expert for Beavr. We hope you will learn from us and we want to learn from you.
- Be curious. You will have to touch many different topic to be successful. You need to enjoy juggling with various topics.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Willingness to touch on everything (frontend, backend, devops)
- Experience in React, Python or Golang
- production experience
- Have worked with Lean/Agile methodology and embrace the methodology.
- Expertise in React or Go
- Experience in devops, design
Why join us
- Join an ambitious team and work hand-in-hand with the founders to make Beavr a successful company
- Contribute to a project working towards a better world / help companies become more sustainable
- Be owner of your work and get the opportunity to build a top quality team
- Flexible location. Work from anywhere 10 days/month. Open to fully remote.
- Office - We'll have an office in Paris but exact location is TBD
Our tech stack
⛏️ Devops 🪚🛠️
🪛 Backend 🔪
✂️ Frontend 🔎
3/ Interview process
As you can expect, recruiting our first employee is a very big deal for us, and we'll take all the time we need to find the right profile. The process is not set in stone but here is what you can expect:
- 30mn discussion with Etienne (motivations, background, etc.)
- 2x1h technical interviews
- Spend some time with Pierre & Etienne to assess if we are made to work together.
- The final offer 🎉